Evergreen Music Festival kicks off July 4
When you think of the perfect Fourth of July, what comes to mind? How about, beautiful sunny skies with a cool mountain breeze, incredible scenery, relaxing atmosphere, happy children, cold beverages, mouth-watering food and top-notch live music? If all of that sounds good, you belong in Evergreen for the Independence Day Evergreen Music Festival.
Every year people gather at the gorgeous Buchanan Park for a day of fun in the sun. Music is the main attraction and this year’s lineup is not to be missed. It features folk, bluegrass, classical, jazz, rock, pop and patriotic orchestra tunes from artists such as Joe Bye & Friends, The Burroughs, FACE, Franny & the Jets, the EHS Marching Band, Kicked to the Curb, The Wrecklunds, Ryann & Lee, Evergreen Chorale, Katie Glassman & Snapshot and the magnificent Denver Brass.
As you enjoy the sunshine and continuous sweet sounds from two stages, your kids will be entertained by face painters, clowns, tattoos and a visit from an Evergreen Fire Rescue vehicle.
If that wasn’t the perfect day already, throw in a beer garden with fine, ice-cold craft brews and local spirits, including homemade margaritas to wet your whistle. Then sample some local fare featuring barbecue, gyros, noodles, pizza, hot dogs and, of course, ice cream. There will be local vendors offering more food, clothing and artwork.
Additionally, several classic British automobiles will be on hand to check out.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Evergreen High School's performing arts, including theater, choirs, band and orchestra. The festival is supported by local sponsors including Cactus Jack's Saloon & Grill.
Overall, the event runs from 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. at Buchanan Park. There will be $5 parking at the park or free parking in surrounding areas. Music will be performed under a large event tent and festivalgoers are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs.
The festival is just a 30-minute drive from Denver. For more information, visit www.evergreenmusicfestival.org.
The following is a schedule of events:
- 10-10:15 a.m. on the field - Evergreen High School marching band
- 10:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m. on Independence Stage - Evergreen Chorale/Altezza with Thomas Dance Project (dancers courtesy of Colorado Ballet)
- 11:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m. on Evergreen Scene - hot dog eating contest and Evergreen High School Choirs
- 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. on Independence Stage - Katie Glassman & Snapshot
- 12:45 p.m.-1:15 p.m. - Ryann & Lee
- 1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m. on Independence Stage - FACE Vocal Band - internationally acclaimed all-vocal band
- 2:15 p.m.-2:45 p.m. on Evergreen Scene - The Wrecklands
- 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m. on Independence Stage - Franny & the Jets
- 3:45 p.m.-4:15 p.m. on Evergreen Scene - Kicked to the Curb
- 4:15 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on Independence Stage - Denver Brass with Fiesta Colorado Dance Company
- 5:30 pm-6:15 pm on Evergreen Scene - Joe & Friends - High energy acoustic rock
- 6:15 pm-7:30 pm on Independence Stage - The Burroughs - sweaty soul music