By Dylan Hochstedler
Hey Denver! Are you looking to win a free snowboard or pair of skis just in time for the upcoming shreddin’ season? Are you looking to have a killer time exploring 14 of the hottest social hubs around the Mile High City? If you answered yes to one or both of those questions, the Meier High Club Denver Scavenger Hut is screaming your name.
Meier Skis is a company based out of Glenwood Springs that crafts “handmade skis from Colorado trees.” Meier was founded in 2009 by ski junkie Matt Cudmore, who started building skis by himself out of his single car garage. Since starting shop, they have expanded into the snowboard and longboard market, as well as adding handmade bamboo ski poles to their arsenal. Based on the principle of sustainability, Meier incorporates eco-friendly and recycled materials wherever possible.
The Denver Scavenger Hunt is an event that Meier has created in order to encourage exploration throughout the city. The rules are simple- no registration required, and you can “check in” to any desired number of the participating scavenger hunt checkpoints. In other words, if you only wish to go to one of the checkpoints, nobody will hold it against you.
All you have to do is go to any of the listed businesses participating; snap a selfie of yourself completing the laidback challenge; upload the photo to Facebook/Instagram using #meierhighclub and “check in” to the specific location in which you completed the challenge.
Each different challenge you upload to your social media pages using #meierhighclub acts as a virtual raffle ticket for the prizes that Meier Skis is giving away. There will be several winners including the grand prize of your choice of a Meier snowboard or pair of skis. Meier will also be raffling away a longboard and there will be several other unique products given away as well.
This challenge will run September 11-24, 2016
For any addition information, visit facebook.com/meierskis
Here are the challenges:
1. Chow down on a toasty sub at Cheba Hut on Colfax. Mention you’re there for the Meier High Scavenger Hunt and claim your $1 PBR or free fountain drink. (638 E Colfax Avenue) Cheba Hut Denver - Colfax
2. Stop in and get yourself a taco at Wahoo’s Uptown Location. (225 E. 20th Avenue) Wahoo's Fish Taco Colorado
3. Visit The Hornet and enjoy one (or some!) of their twenty beers on tap. (76 Broadway Street) The Hornet
4. Stop in and claim your FREE PINT from Crazy Mountain Brewery. Make sure to tell them you’re part of the Meier High Scavenger Hunt! (471 Kalamath Street) Crazy Mountain Brewing Company
5. Drop by Renegade Brewing Company and indulge in one of their frothy beverages. Spoiler alert: the first 50 people who visit Renegade for this scavenger hunt get a FREE PINT! (925 W 9th Avenue) Renegade Brewing Company
6. Cool off with a scoop at Sweet Action Ice Cream. (52 Broadway Street) Sweet Action Ice Cream
7. Start your day off right with a cup of coffee (or any tasty morning beverage) at Pablo’s Coffee (630 E 6th Avenue) Pablos Coffee
8. Take a photo with a DBC beer and make sure to tag them! (1695 Platte Street) Denver Beer Co
9. Get a big ass slice of Fat Sully’s pizza on Broadway (141 S. Broadway Street) Fat Sully's Pizza
10. Get yourself a beverage at Denver Bicycle Café. Coffee or beer… decisions decisions (1308 E. 17th Avenue) The Denver Bicycle Cafe
11. Get something sweet at the Sugar Bakeshop… we recommend the home made pop tarts! (277 Broadway Street) Sugar Bakeshop and Coffee House
12. Stop into Vine Street Pub and enjoy one of their many tasty beers brewed just a few steps away (1700 Vine Street) Vine Street Pub & Brewery
13. Grab an old man can at Punch Bowl Social. What’s an old man can? A PBR, Coors Banquet, Rolling Rock, or Budweiser. Pro tip: try it during happy hour! (65 Broadway Street) Punch Bowl Social - Denver
14. What’s an urban winery? Go see for yourself. Stop by Infinite Monkey Theorem and get yourself a glass of wine. (3200 Larimer Street) The Infinite Monkey Theorem. Denver's Urban Winery