Happy stout month! Three weeks left to try as many stouts as you can.
Our friend Emily Hutto at RadCraft has provided us with some tasty local stout suggestions that we want to share with you.
Have some fun this month and see how many stouts you can try.
Thirst Colorado team member Jason Van Houten and Emily have both taken up a #dailystout challenge. They'll be sampling a new stout every day this month and are going strong so far. Check out some of the banter on Twitter and take up the challenge yourself! It's never too late.
- Strange Craft Beer Co. will release just 30 cases of its Belgian Chocolate Raspberry Love Stout on February 13. This holiday beer combines massive amounts of cacao nibs and raspberries into a roasty, barrel-aged Imperial Stout. Take time to explore all the sensations a sip of this beer brings. After the initial impact of roast, dark chocolate, and fruit, notes of vanilla, oak, coffee, appear in the background. Available in bombers and draft. 10.9% ABV 50 IBUs.
- Crooked Stave is releasing the Nightmare on Brett Raspberry on Valentines Day. If you need an excuse, make reservations at one of the Source's restaurant options and stop by Crooked Stave for an after-dinner drink.
- Lone Tree Brewing Co. Horchata Stout - This appropriately named beer has rich dark chocolate and cinnamon spice flavors with subtle nuttiness, just like the Latin drink it's based on. It's label artwork is pretty darn cool, too! At only 5% ABV it's easy to deplete a 22-ounce bomber. The beer is also on tap at the brewery right now.
- The award-winning Chai Milk Stout from Yak & Yeti Brewpub will live on as a Spice Trade Brewing beer now that the company has rebranded. This Colorado classic Milk Stout will hit cans for the first time later this year. 5.2% ABV
- Spice Trade will debut the Mayan Chocolate Russian Imperial Stout, at its launch party on February 15. A seriously complex Russian Imperial Stout clocking in at 10% ABV, this beer has layers of chocolaty complexity and is inspired by the traditional Mayan Chocolate recipe, a drink for the gods. It's infused with cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla beans, and roasted chili peppers.
- Barrels & Bottles Brewery Obsess Much? One of the owners of Barrels & Bottles is obsessed with this chocolate and peanut butter stout, hence its name. 9% ABV, on draft only. Details here.
- New Terrain Brewing Company Out and About Stout Just discovered this brewery! They are awesome, and have big plans. Their Out and About American Stout is smooth, roasty, and delightfully hop-forward. They also make a chocolate version of this Stout called Up and About. Highly recommend both!
- Ska Brewing Steel Toe Stout Here's a Colorado Stout that in my opinion does not get enough love. This award-winning milk stout is as easy drinking as the powder day is long, and its cans pack well into a ski coat... just sayin'. 5.5% ABV. The skinny.
- No Stout Month roundup would be complete without a Mountain Sun Stout. Here's the 2017 lineup. You have a lot to choose from.